"The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail." NKJV

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Lily and the chickens

    Instead of the watered garden, right now we have the weedy garden.  After a certain point you just give up and the weeds happily take over everything.  This year our main crop has been and will be gourds.  Mayfield has a gourd festival in September so it's appropriate.  I'm not the crafty type so I don't know what we'll do with them all.  They are making a good shade canopy over the chicken pen right now.  Yes and then there's the chickens.  Unfortunately my beloved dog is a chicken killer.  I can't understand it since she is just so sweet.  Lily chased them for quite awhile before she ever caught one.  She did it mortal damage and has been lethally after them ever since.  We like to let the chickens free range a little in the evenings so we have been putting Lily in the dog pen.  We feel sorry for her so I bought her an expensive comfortable muzzle.  She was able to kill a chicken with just her big paws.  So she's back in the pen in the evenings.  I wish I knew a solution to this.  
      

No comments:

Post a Comment