"The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail." NKJV

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Bikes and Blooms and contradictions

  Recently I got myself a new ride.  My old bike was a faithful friend.  It's been with me from Canada to the gulf coast and I hate to get rid of it, but it was starting to show it's age.  My new bike is a commuter friendly trek.  I've ridden it to work for the last two days and loved every minute of it.  You see I'm a practical person and,  it feels so much more right to me to use my muscles and energy for something useful like commuting.  The gym will always seem artificial to me.  Let me haul some mulch or garden any day to burn calories.  Anyway my new ride has a basket and a light and I'm so proud.  I can't wait to take it camping soon.


       This spring has just been unusually early and extra pretty.  The azaelas and dogwoods have been gorgeous. (My new white azaelas have bloomed this spring)   I have some beautiful wisteria and lilacs. My new buckeye tree bloomed.   I love growing flowers.  This goes against my above practical nature but I have gotten over it. My husband can grow food- I put my efforts into flowers.  I felt guilty for just a little while.  I have really enjoyed my flowers this spring.

3 comments:

  1. Bike camping is the best. I did a trip last summer with my folding bike. I was lucky to be in a state park that allows trail riding too. Hope to get another chance thsi summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But the soul needs food, too, and flowers can provide that.

    I'm jealous that you have azaleas - they don't like me! I tried several times in NJ to get them established, but they never 'took.' When I moved here, there was a large one at the north end of the house, and I thought, "Oh, good, I'll finally have azaleas." Within a year, it was dead. The one someone gave me at my house blessing didn't make it either. I've given up; I'll just enjoy them in other people's yards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right- flowers are food for the soul. I had not thought of it that way.
      I have killed more azaleas than I have grown. I'm learning they need alot of water and I discovered automatic waterers

      Delete