"The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail." NKJV

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Cats



  I had the thought recently that if I could only have one pet, it would be a cat.  Not that I don't love my dogs and birds but cats are so easy and so loving.  I always remember having cats but we didn't aquire a dog until I was 4.  The dog was more of a long term project requiring quite a bit from us.  Cats have always been independent and adaptable.  My Memphis cat has been a good example of this.  Cats can live inside or out, the city or country.  Grandma's cat disappeared for 6 months before turning up a half a mile away in a barn.  He was none the worse for wear.  And nothing is better than  a kitten.  No one can be depressed that owns a kitten.  It's entertaining to just watch them.  Right now we have 6 cats in the immediate family.  They all have their own personality- some more likeable than others, some don't get along and others seem to like each other.  A cat in the lap is a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment