"The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail." NKJV

Friday, December 20, 2013

Book Club

The Graves County Library Book club has been around for number of years now.  I joined early on after I had no luck getting a book club going among my friends. And this might even be a better arrangement because we certainly have diverse views.   At our Dec meeting we shared some Christmas food together and good cheer.  It was nice.  Nancy is our recent new leader.  She's our third librarian to have this role.  She brings a lot of enthusiasm and is welcomed.  We do miss our former leader Deena but her schedule changed (for the better) and she had to leave us.  I guess my most favorite new author this year has been Jesse Stuart.  We read a collection of his poems and short stories that fascinated me.  He's a classic KY author and educator.  I loved his violent struggle with his own community to bring about change and progress.  I also loved a story he wrote about a KY wildcat.  He lived in a different time and it was interesting to get a glimpse into that.  Right now we are reading Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.  I love the way the book club expands my horizons.  It's a bit of work but it's been worth it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment