"The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail." NKJV

Monday, January 16, 2023

the year 2022 in review

​      I looked back on this past year and couldn’t help but marvel at all the wonderful things I’ve gotten to do.   I wish I had written about the visits and trips individually when they happened but I didn’t, so I’m going to go back and revisit them from memory.

    june 13- july7 2022

   Sophie and Lottie arrived in nashville  June 13.  Lottie was 10 months old.  She was just starting to crawl.  She could move around a bit with her reverse gear working the best.  We got out a little pool that she really liked and we introduced her to watermelon.  Shortly after Sophie and Charlotte arrived Anthony complained of a sore throat and wanted cat medicine ( antibiotics).  After several days of his complaining a home Covid test was strongly so we confined him to his room.  Then Sophie and I both started sniffling.  We had reservations to go camping at Birmingham point on June 20 and to pick up Oliver at the airport June 23.  We went camping a day late since Anthony was recovered and we were starting to feel better.  It’s a miracle Oliver remained healthy after being confined in the camper with us.  We had a lakeside site and got out in the boat.  Sophie and Oliver went to Patti’s.

          After camping we took off for Pickwick for a family reunion over the 4th of July.  We had one there last year and Sophie wanted to see everyone so I planned another one.  I really wasn’t sure it was going to work out, as a number of people weren’t coming and there was no fireworks.  It turned out to be a good reunion.  I was relieved.  The visit ended July 7 when we took them to Kristin’s house in nashville and she took them to the airport.   Sad for them to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment