"The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail." NKJV

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Getting Started

         I have kept a diary on and off for years.  Mainly this served as a place to record and vent.  As I look back on it, I am somewhat embarrassed by it.  I'd hate for just anybody to read them and have even thought about destroying them.  Which is a dilemma in itself.  So with that in mind I'm starting this blog for all to read.  I plan it to be a place to record thoughts and feelings and hopefully for me to gain some insight.  I am calling it a watered garden because that's how I want my life to be.  I'd like my life to bear fruit (and maybe some vegetables too).
         So to give background, I am a 48 year old female, married with two daughters living in Mayfield KY.  My husband and I have a 30 acre farm.  I have chickens, flowers and two dogs.  I would love to make our farm productive, in some sense of the word, but that is a work in progress.  I work as a nurse practitioner and my husband is an engineer.  We have two daughters that are adults, still in school that live close by. 
          I love to read and am a member of the local book club.  We also like to camp in our camper  I belong to a CSA and my husband grows our vegetables too.  I have made beer and worked at a winery at one time.  I like to cook and to cook healthy. (Which is not always easy. Cooking is easy, but healthy good cooking takes much more skill) I like most all things local and handmade.  Since moving to KY in 1995,  I have found I like basketball and bluegrass music.  I haven't  developed a taste for horse racing or bourbon as of yet.  I grew up in Memphis, TN in the suburbs. My mom still lives there. 
      Well enough about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment