"The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail." NKJV

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Water

"The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones: You shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail."  NKJV
    This is what I had in mind when I chose this title.  It calls to mind a lush, verdant garden in the springtime when everything is growing. I also think of all the bounty that a watered garden produces.  I have noticed such a difference in our garden produce when we water the garden.  It's larger, healthy and more abundant. 
    This is kind of ironic because I'm actively trying to drink more water.  It's hard to do because I don't like it too much.  Diet coke is more to my liking.  I know my body will function better though if I'm at least adequately hydrated.  If I can just make it a habit.
   

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your water habit!

    I was reminded of a quotation that Lauren put onto the side of one of her journals or notebooks, from before we were married, maybe even before we were dating, I'm not sure now. It's by Robert Fulgham:

    "The grass is not, in fact, always greener on the other side of the fence. Fences have nothing to do with it. The grass is greener where it is watered. When crossing over fences, carry water with you and tend the grass wherever you may be." There's a lot of wisdom there, if we can remember it in our day-to-day lives.

    ReplyDelete