"The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail." NKJV

Monday, March 14, 2011

Japan earthquake

  My heart goes out to all the Japanese people.  Living on the new madrid fault, I give some thought to earthquakes.  The ice storm two years ago, also gave me so idea of what it's like without electricity for a short amount of time.  I can't imagine what it's like to add a tsumani and nuclear meltdown.  My heart just goes out to people that have lost loved ones.  Loss of property can be unsettling.  It can take a long time to find normalacy again.
   My daughter's boyfriend has been in Japan since last fall.  We've been worried about him first because of the earthquake and now because of the nuclear reactors.  He is there helping out on a farm that teaches community leaders about sustainable agriculture.  I  think that mission would take a back seat to other work that would need to be done, but I don't know.  It's possible he could be come home early.  We just pray for his safety whatever happens.  And we send our thoughts and prayers to all the people in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment