"The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail." NKJV

Friday, March 4, 2011

Stuff continued

   My last post was posted actually before I finished it because I was trying to edit it.  So I thought I'd go ahead and finish those previous thoughts.
  Stuff- it just seems to take over.  After you're married with kids it's no longer just your stuff, it's also your husbands and kids.  It really seems to pile up.  Even if you want to get rid of things, it's really no longer in your control.  And often that's the big issue in all of this -control. 
   I regularly donate to Angel's Attic, the library and the recycling center.  I love to reuse or re purpose items.  I shop stores or go to auctions where I can buy used items frequently.  My mother taught us not to be wasteful, if she taught us anything.  My parents frequently moved and so they did not accumulate a huge collection.  I believe in thrift and making use of what you have.  I also believe if I own something it should be used and not saved for Sunday or a special occasion.  I love usefulness in an item.  That to me is what beauty is all about.
   So I am going to keep refining my methods and regularly donating and looking for homes for things that we need to get rid of.  Now if I could just convince my husband to do the same.

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about STUFF a lot too, its affect on us, how much time we spend maintaining it, moving it, cleaning it. If you need any help getting rid of STUFF, you know who to call! 'When in doubt, throw it out!'

    ReplyDelete